Would you like to be able to shop for clothes, cameras, computers, televisions, jewelry and hundreds of other items now and pay for them later? Fingerhut can extend you a line of credit to make purchases from their online catalog
. Financing is available to everyone, regardless of credit history.
The Fingerhut card is a credit account from WebBank that allows you to buy items from the Fingerhut print or online catalog and pay them off over time. Even if your credit is less than perfect, you will likely still qualify.
Who can get it:
Anyone can open a Fingerhut account. Even if you have limited credit or poor credit you can be approved instantly. In order to rebuild your credit and improve your credit score, you need to show that you can handle credit responsibly. This card gives you the opportunity to show that you can make purchases and pay off the balance over time.
What you get with it
: Fingerhut carries thousands of items for your home, from bed and bath
and living room
Other categories include:
Why you should apply:
There are several major benefits of opening a Fingerhut account.
Fees and charges to consider:
- Approval is instant for almost everyone who applies. Even if your credit is not perfect, you can get a Fingerhut account.
- Although Fingerhut is not a traditional credit card, you can still buy everything from clothing to electronics through their catalog of over 30,000 items.
- When you make purchases and pay them off, Fingerhut will report it to the major credit bureaus and your credit score will improve.
- Your credit limit will be increased when you demonstrate responsible purchase and payment behavior.
There is no annual fee for the Fingerhut account and no over-the-limit fee either. There are a few things to be aware of if you miss your payment or plan to carry a balance:
- If you make a late payment, you will be charged $25 the first time and $30 for each subsequent late payment.
- If you pay less than your full balance each month, your purchases will accrue interest at the rate of 24.9%.
So even though the Fingerhut website advertises low monthly payments – as low as $5.99 a month – it isn’t a good idea to be tempted to let a balance revolve from one month to the next. If you do, you will end up paying a hefty amount in interest charges. Instead, pay off your balance in full every month. That way you will only pay for what you actually buy.